Lab #4 – Assessment Worksheet
Configuring a pfSense Firewall on the Server
Course Name and Number: ___Network Security________________________________________
Student Name: __________Tiffany Roberts___________________________________________
Instructor Name: ________Combs__________________________________________
Lab Due Date: _____________________________________________________
In this lab, you first planned a configuration of the pfSense Firewall using a spreadsheet, the pfSenseFirewallPlanner_EmailServer, to protect an e-mail server computer. The pfSense Firewall is a current-generation product with most of the functionality and options that are found in most firewall products, though the implementation may vary from firewall to firewall. In the second part of the lab, you configured the pfSense Firewall using the planning spreadsheet that you created in Part 1 of the lab.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Most remote configuration and administration uses the(Most remote configuration and administration uses the) protocol. SSH
2. SSH stands for? Secure Shell
3. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) uses which transport protocol, TCP or UDP? TCP
4. From a security standpoint, it is more desirable to use the numeric IP address of a static IP host, such as an e-mail server, than to allow the address to be looked up the Domain Name Service. True or False? True
5. Because the e-mail server will not be required to run a browser, which protocol is not allowed by the firewall rules? ICMP
6. Because the e-mail server uses a fixed, static, predetermined IP address, which protocol is not used, and, therefore, not specifically allowed to pass through the firewall? The DHCP
7. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and Secure HTTP (HTTPS) are the same protocol from a standpoint of passing or blocking them with a firewall. True or false? True
8. Which protocol is used for a variety of functions in the e-mail server, such as resolving the numeric address of firstname.lastname@example.org, and which servers are blacklisted for being sources of Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE)? DNS
Make a screen capture showing the completed WAN rule set from Part 2, Step 9 from your Lab.
Earn back money you have spent on downloaded sample
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below.
Assignment Hippo (2021) . Retrive from http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/configuring-a-pfsense-firewall-on-the-server
"." Assignment Hippo ,2021, http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/configuring-a-pfsense-firewall-on-the-server
Assignment Hippo (2021) . Available from: http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/configuring-a-pfsense-firewall-on-the-server
Assignment Hippo . ''(Assignment Hippo,2021) http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/configuring-a-pfsense-firewall-on-the-server accessed 19/10/2021.
Want to order fresh copy of the Sample Template Answers? online or do you need the old solutions for Sample Template, contact our customer support or talk to us to get the answers of it.
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free.
Get connected 24*7 with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment.
Get Help with all the subjects like: Programming, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Law and Marketing.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate at AssignmentHippo
I was struggling so hard to complete my marketing assignment on brand development when I decided to finally reach to the experts of this portal. They certainly deliver perfect consistency and the desired format. The content prepared by the experts of this platform was simply amazing. I definitely owe my grades to them.