1. Data types BIT and BIT VARYING are known as ________.
Answer:- Bit string data types
2. ________ is collection of tables where table is an unordered collection of rows.
Answer:- Relational Database
3. Physical design is tailored to a specific DBMS system.
4. WWW stands for :-
Answer:- World wide web
5. In a two tier architecture, the software components are distributed over which two systems?
Answer:- Client , Server
6. ________ are binary computer representations of stored logical entities.
7. Access to a database can be controlled using :-
Answer:- Access Privileges
8. Which of the following is a criterion that should be satisfied by an optimal data model?
Answer:- Structural validity , Express ability , Shareability
9. A ________ is a situation, event or personnel that will adversely affect the database security and the smooth functioning of organization.
10. Different syntaxes used for update command in SQL are as follows :-
Answer:- update set = ,update set = where
11. Database design model help in improving maintainability.
12. If role B has been previously granted to role A :-
Answer:- Role A cannot be granted to role B
13. Write examples of dbms :-
Answer:- FoxBASE , FoxPro
14. A database must be protected against :-
15. Each attribute is associted with set of values called as________
16. A fuzzy checkpoint allows transactions to perform updates even while buffer blocks are being written out.
17. When a particular transaction never makes progress because the data item it wants to lock is already locked and other transactions are also waiting for the same data item then it is said to be :-
18. A program is a collections of instructions for manipulating data.
19. The set of all relationships of the same type called as
Answer:- Relationship set
20. Deadlock prevention scheme using time stamps are:-
Answer:- Wait - die , Wound - wait
21. Specify any 2 forms of insert command :-
Answer:- INSERT INTO SELECT , FROM , INSERT INTO SELECT , FROM WHERE
22. Which SQL statement will show contents of table book, where 2nd character of bookname is 'm' ?
Answer:- select * from book where bookname like '_m%'
23. In a database for geographic information system ________ can be stored.
Answer:- Satellite images
24. ________ is visual representation of Entity Relationships.
25. Some clauses of GRANT command are as follows :-
Answer:- ALL , ON , PUBLIC
26. Which of the following is high level data model?
Answer:- Entity-Relationship model
27. Advantages of Database Management System are :-
Answer:- Reduced redundancy , Sharing of data , Security
28. ________ is the process by which the user's access to physical data in the application is limited, based on his privileges.
Answer:- Access control
29. Diagrammatic representation in data modeling is ________ to represent a model in diagrammatic notation.
30. Entity name is written in ________ in E-R diagram.
Answer:- Upper case
31. The database is partitioned into some number of fixed length block called as pages.
32. Following are properties of roles allowed for easier privilege management :-
Answer:- Application awareness , Reduced privilege administration , Dynamic privilege administration
33. Database is widely used in banking.
34. What is many-to-one relationship between two sets of attributes of a given relation?
Answer:- Functional dependency
35. Match The Following
Data files - Stores the database itself Person who design and implement Database management system modules - Database Management system designers and implementers Person who design and implement tools - Tool developers Person responsible for running and maintenance of Hardware and Software in a Database - Operators and maintenance personal
36. File is collection of ________
37. The levels of abstraction of data are :-
Answer:- Physical level , Logical level , View level
38. >= ' is arithmetic operator.
39. DES provides standards based encryption for data privacy.
40. Block movements between disk and main memory are initiated through two operations namely :-
Answer:- Input , Outpu
41. What is alternative name for functions?
42. ERD captures :-
Answer:- Entity type , Attributes , Relationship between entities
43. Match The Following
Menu driven interface - Stand alone user Query language interface - Casual user Programming language interface - Application user Forms and command code - Parametric user
44. ________are two critical phases in database development lifecycle.
Answer:- Data modeling and database design
45. The set of all entities of the same type called as
Answer:- entity set
46. A graphical user interface typically displays a schema to the user in which form?
Answer:- Diagrammatic form
47. Command to create table catalog having similar structure as book is :-
Answer:- CREATE TABLE CATALOG LIKE BOOK
Earn back money you have spent on downloaded sample
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below.
Assignment Hippo (2021) . Retrive from http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/dbms-assignment-questions-with-solutions
"." Assignment Hippo ,2021, http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/dbms-assignment-questions-with-solutions
Assignment Hippo (2021) . Available from: http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/dbms-assignment-questions-with-solutions
Assignment Hippo . ''(Assignment Hippo,2021) http://assignmenthippo.com/sample-assignment/dbms-assignment-questions-with-solutions accessed 24/10/2021.
Want to order fresh copy of the Sample Template Answers? online or do you need the old solutions for Sample Template, contact our customer support or talk to us to get the answers of it.
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free.
Get connected 24*7 with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment.
Get Help with all the subjects like: Programming, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Law and Marketing.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate at AssignmentHippo
I was struggling so hard to complete my marketing assignment on brand development when I decided to finally reach to the experts of this portal. They certainly deliver perfect consistency and the desired format. The content prepared by the experts of this platform was simply amazing. I definitely owe my grades to them.