TUTORIAL WEEK 9
ERP PROJECT MANAGEMENT, POST-LIVE SUPPORT AND CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Task 1: Discussion Question
1. Why is the readiness process so important to an ERP implementation?
Ans. Preparation process is important for ERP implementation
2. What are the pros and cons of implementing a system without customization?
Ans. Any system should be considered from the beginning of the privatization plan as it will affect the start of future systems.
3. Why is knowledge transfer important to the long-term stability of the ERP system?
Ans. It is important to implement the knowledge transfer process throughout the project
4. What are the 5 areas addressed in post-production support?
Ans. Post-production support is divided into
5. Name five critical success factors and why they are important to the success of a project
“The decision-making process, project scope, teamwork, change management, execution team and execution team are the five key success factors.” These factors can lead to a successful project through improved communication and training.
Task 2: Case Study Questions: HP ERP Implementation
1. What were the common threads between the Hugger-Mugger and HP ERP implementations?
Ans. The common threads between the Hugger-Mugger and HP ERP implementation are that they both want to make sure that there is only a single system that is used in the organization. Both organization failed in the ‘training’ part of staff in the implementation process and underestimated the importance of the readiness phase resulting in the implementation failing.
2. What were the key project management strategies that may have been used to minimize “Go-Live” problems with the HP SAP “Go-Live” process?
Key project management strategies that may be used to minimize on-line issues are
3. When implementing an ERP system, especially supply chain systems, identifying risks and minimizing them require planning. Discuss how IT needs to work with the business to address “Go-Live” planning and issue resolution.
Ans. The IT department needs to work with business units because they are responsible for monitoring the response time of the infrastructure and ensuring that the backup work is appropriate during the stabilization period, IT staff will monitor the response time of the infrastructure and ensure that all hardware and software are properly backed up. Therefore, they often study and solve problems at the same time. ERP implementation includes many components, including IT staff and business people, who all need to work together to implement successfully. In addition to the expected topics, you should also be prepared to help many users in their departments operate the system in the right way and support them when the system begins to take the first step.
Our motto is deliver assignment on Time. Our Expert writers deliver quality assignments to the students.
Get reliable and unique assignments by using our 100% plagiarism-free.
Get connected 24*7 with our Live Chat support executives to receive instant solutions for your assignment.
Get Help with all the subjects like: Programming, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Law and Marketing.
Get premium service at a pocket-friendly rate at AssignmentHippo
I was struggling so hard to complete my marketing assignment on brand development when I decided to finally reach to the experts of this portal. They certainly deliver perfect consistency and the desired format. The content prepared by the experts of this platform was simply amazing. I definitely owe my grades to them.